Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pastel Hughes Pastel Hughes is offline

Default Column Auto Sizing

This code does the trick, but disables 'undo'.
Is there a way to have our cake and eat it too?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could use a worksheet_change event if the cell was changing because of your
typing:

Rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior. Select view
code and paste this into the code window.

Option Explicit
Target.EntireColumn.AutoFit

Did you know that you could autofit columns (and rows) by doubleclicking on that
vertical bar between the column headings.

You can even select all the cells and get all the columns at once with just one
double click.

oranskeer wrote:

How do I make a column automatically resize to grow as large as the data
input in a cell automatically (not having to use the autofit column format
option)?

--

Dave Peterson