Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
louiscourtney louiscourtney is offline

Default A formular to look up data and return dates

Max
Thats absolutley perfect
Just one final thing
How do i go about adding all the months(which are on seperate tabs) to the
holiday sheet you have created
All the sheets have been set up exactly as the one we have just worked on
Looking forward to your response

Shane

"Max" wrote:

Yup, that's exactly what the earlier set up delivers

Ok, to adapt it to suit your actual layout,
try this on a spare copy ..

Re-name the source sheet as simply: X

In X,
Dates are assumed to run in D3 across to AH3

Put in D100:
=IF(D4="","",IF(D4="H",COLUMN(),""))
Copy D100 down to D194 to cover the 95 names,
then copy across as far as required to AH194.
Leave A100:C194 blank.

Then in a new sheet named as: Holidays
with the same names pasted in A4:A98

Put in D4:
=IF(COLUMN(A1)COUNT(X!100:100),"",INDEX(X!$3:$3,S MALL(X!100:100,COLUMN(A1))))
Format D4 as date. Copy D4 down to D98, then copy across to the same extent
as done in X, viz to AH98. This will return the required results for "H",
with all dates neatly bunched to the left.
--
Max
Singapore
"louiscourtney" wrote:
Max
I can get part of the formula to work but not the rest
What I've got is a sheet with the following
Names in A4 to A98
I then have two other columns with there personal data and then i have
columns D4 to AH4 down to D98 to AH98 which is enoungh space to add "H" for
each day of the week in say January.
I then what a summery sheet call holidays that will list all the names down
in A4 to A98 and some sort of calulation that looks at the january tab and
wioll only return if they have had a holiday and return the date in as many
cells that they have had holiday.
Thank you so much for your help so far