Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lori Lori is offline

Default Dynamic Formula with Dynamic Address

Or without the extra calls with C1 selected, Insert Name LastDate
Refers to:

=DATE(!B1,!A1+1,0)

Remove the !'s to make the formula refer only to the active sheet.

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Biff

You could also have a non-volatile solution with Index which would
function in the same way.
Place your cursor in cell C1
Insert Name Lastdate
Refers to =DATE(INDEX(B:B,ROW()),INDEX(A:A,ROW())+1,0)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"T. Valko" wrote in message
I'm not sure why that doesn't work. At first I thought it may be
becasue of the use of the EOMONTH function which is from the ATP.
However, I rewrote the formula without the EOMONTH function (you
really don't need it) but it still failed.

But, all is not lost! This works:

Name: LastDate
Refers to:

=DATE(INDIRECT("RC[-1]",FALSE),INDIRECT("RC[-2]",FALSE)+1,0)

Format the result as DATE.

The INDIRECT RC stuff is doing the exact same thing as your
OFFSET(ADDRESS.

Biff

"dmz_asdf" wrote in message
In a worksheet cell, the following works, but when copied into a
name, it
returns #VALUE since the INDIRECT fails.

=EOMONTH(DATE(OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN ())),0,-1),OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())),0,-2),1),0)

Column 1 has month values
Column 2 has year values
Column 3 has the formula

I thought this would be a valid extrapolation of dynamic ranges, but
perhaps
I should be looking into something else.