Jon Peltier

Bob -

Keep the Axis as a time scale category axis, don't change to an XY
Scatter chart.

Keep the Base Unit on the X Axis Scale dialog in Days, but change the
Major Unit to 1 Year, and the Minor Unit to something like 3 Months.
Make sure the boxes ('Auto') in front of these options remain unchecked.

This should neaten up your axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Bob Richardson wrote:
I have 5 years worth of data (price vs. date). It is graphed correctly on a
time-scale. The problem is the x-axis labels. There are so many it's just a
blur of black smudgy ink below the x-axis. When I made the Base Unit
"months", Major unit 12 months and minor unit one month, no change occurred,
and the choices I made reverted back to the default? Days, 7, 1.

What I want is a tick mark on the x-axis every month, with a label every
January; e.g. Jan-01.....Jan-02....etc.