Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default sumif and strike through

Good point Biff.

If strikethrough by CF the SumNoStrike will fail.

Gord

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:54:10 -0500, "T. Valko" wrote:

*Why* are the numbers struck through?

That's the logic you should use to write a formula to do this. You should
not base calculations on cell formats. Thoroughly test the UDF and you'll
see what I mean.

Biff

"baklava" wrote in message
I have a column of numbers that I want to total; however, some of the rows
have the number struck through - these are the numbers I DO NOT want to
include in the total.

=sumif(a1:a20, and here is where I get stuck. How do I tell excel to sum
all the numbers in the range except those that have strike through.

Or is there a different formula to use?

Thanx!

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP