Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave B Dave B is offline

Default Cell Shading from a Bit Map image

I have constructed a large data base of material samples and use the VLOOKUP
function to generate various forms and reports. I wish to include a bitmap
image on the form that changes with one of the variables. Simply put, if the
form is describing an apple, I'd like a picture of an apple, if describing a
pear, then a picture of a pear, and so on. I named the pictures and tried
bringing an image in with an IF statement but it only displayed the name I
assigned. Since there are only three bitmat images to display, I thought I
might accomplish this with conditional formating but I'm not sure how to turn
the image into a format shade. I'm kidda a "newby" at macro programming, but
I am willing to try it if it is the only solution.

Kindest Regards,

--
Dave B