Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Symbols added to Word's AutoCorrect don't appear in Excel

That is strange.

Excel and Word both use the same *.ACL file for autocorrect.

In Excel 2003 I can use the ALT + number in the Autocorrect "replace with"

When using the Char Map highlight the symbol and CTRL + C then CTRL + V to paste
into Autocorrect.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:48:01 -0800, Abby wrote:

I've added some Wingdings symbols to AutoCorrect options in Word, and I
thought I could access them in Excel but I can't. I tried to add the symbols
to AutoCorrect in Excel by using the character mapy Copy feature. But Excel
won't let me paste the symbol (or type its character code with ALT) into
AutoCorrect.

Any help greatly appreciated, and thanks.