Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default sumif and strike through

You're working against Excel, instead of with it.....Excel's native functions
can't "see" cell formats.

Instead, flag the numbers with a "helper" column where you put an "x" to
mark the values to skip. Then you can just use the SUMIF function.

Example:
To add only the items in A1:A10 where the corresponding itmes in Col_B do
NOT equal "x"
=SUMIF(B1:B10,"<x",A1:A10)

(Otherwise, you'll need a custom VBA function to do what you're asking for.)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"baklava" wrote:

I have a column of numbers that I want to total; however, some of the rows
have the number struck through - these are the numbers I DO NOT want to
include in the total.

=sumif(a1:a20, and here is where I get stuck. How do I tell excel to sum
all the numbers in the range except those that have strike through.

Or is there a different formula to use?

Thanx!