Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default How to imbed a cell reference in a text field?

Hi
I don't understand. Why would I not just use E7 in any further
calculations?

In your particular scenario, I agree.
I was giving the generalised case of why it may be of advantage. The
cell could be carrying a formula with some sort of lookup, and the
resulting value could then be used as part of further calculation,
without recourse to repeating the lookup.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:43:33 -0000, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

Hi

Another alternative, with a slight difference in layout would be to
Custom format the cell.
FormatCellsNumberCustom #0.00 "$ Cost / hour"

Then in the cell just enter
=E7

I thought about that and would have tried it eventually.

The possible advantage is the number value generated from the E7 value
is still a number and can be used in further calculation if required.

I don't understand. Why would I not just use E7 in any further
calculations?

--
Running Excel 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000