Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Pivot Tables...argghh

I thought the problem was that refreshing the Pivot Table didn't
automatically include the new records. I didn't gather that the OP wanted
the Pivot Table to change immediately upon changes in the records. In
typical situations, you'd want the Pivot Table to update on-demand, instead
of re-arranging itself whenever the source data changed. That way once
you're done adding/deleting records, you could refresh the PT and see the
final product.

I could be wrong....(wouldn't be the first time...or the last)

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Dave F" wrote:

You also need to add code to your pivot table that tells it to refresh when
the dynamic named range has been expanded, don't you?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

What you need to do is base the Pivot Table ons a Dynamic Named Range that
grows and shrinks when you data does.

See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions:
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"frustratedwthis" wrote:

I have a pivot table that summarizes the information by Vendor from a PO Log
(on a different sheet). It works great UNLESS a row is added on the PR Log.
If I add a row (within the pivot table data area) it does not show on the
pivot table...
Is there a way around this?? or should I just not add rows?
Thanks in advance