Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GeoJack GeoJack is offline

Default Solver - Assign values to Letters of the Alphabet

No, you're not doing my homework. It's a geocaching puzzle that's had
me stumped for a while.

The choice of a value for a letter is random. I have several names that
have a known value based on the value of each letter. If you can, have
a look at this link for a better explaination

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-d95bbd5b7394

All I know for sure is the total of each name. The values of the
letters is what needs to be worked out. I've tried using solver, but
the numbers won't stay as integers, even though I'm specifying that
they should

Regards