Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rayo K Rayo K is offline

Default Help with data manipulation

Hello,

I am trying to setup a list based on data from an ODBC connection. Here is
the format

..... Date .... Text1 Text2 Text3 Text4 ......
..... dmy ..... X Y
........ ....... ...... Z X Y W

There are over a hundred fields and 10000 records but all I am concerned
with for now are the date field and these four text fields representing
Colors. What I need to find is the last date a color was used. The probelm
is the color could be in any one of the four text fields, and any or all of
the fields could be blank for a given record.

So I want to create a table that will be like this:

Color Date
X dmy
Y dmy
Z dmy
W dmy

I have tried a pivottable but I can't figure out how to treat all text
fileds as being equivalent. Any suggestions?

Thanks