Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EagleOne EagleOne is offline

Default VBA Numbers to Text or Date to Text

Note to Google Search Groups

Populating worksheet cells with information that looks like numbers
or date-like functions i.e. MONTH(), DAY() etc, Excel may "assume"
what you mean, which in turn, can cause unexpected issues later.

For example,
I had sheetnames "Jan06", Feb06 etc. I transferred the sheet names
to another worksheet's cells. When done, the cell information became
1-06.

When I wanted to compare information and/or "Goto" those sheets,
Jan06 is very different from 1-06.

Therefore, to force Numbers to Text or Date to Text, consider
concatenating
Range("B2").Value = "'" & Range("A1").Text or
Range("B2").Value = "'" & Activesheet.name
to force Excel to interpret that
Jan06 as Jan06 and not 1-06.

Simularly:
To force Excel to intrepret 1234 as Text:
Range("B2").Value = "'" & Range("A1")

HTH EagleOne