Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default trendline for part of data

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Jon has a good answer but an alternative is to use functions
like TREND, SLOPE & INTERCEPT, LINEST , LOGEST (depending on
what type of 'curve' you have) to generate the fitting data
for the range of interest in another column. Now add this to
the chart as a second data series.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Terry" wrote in message
We have a XY line chart with X scale by time.

We now would like to have a trendline with specific time
period.
How do I make a trendline with only part of data are used?

A question arises in my mind after Jon and Bernard's replies. Is
there any particular reason for preferring one alternative over
the other? I'm aware from previous posts that some versions of
Excel get better results with the trendline in some special
cases.

--
James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland