Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Danny_McCaslin Danny_McCaslin is offline

Default Complex If/Then formula?

I've created the beginnings of an Excel database to try to make our
end-of-year APR easier. We run a housing assistace program among other
things, and I need a little help, and, finding help here before, I figured I
would try again.

With our APR, we have to keep track of demographic data conditional on
whether the customer has received housing assistance. I could just create two
database spreadsheets for Rental Assistance and Supportive Services. I would
rather designate the one database to create two different demographic counts.
One for rental assistance, and one for those who did not receive rental
assistance.

For example:
Age
i. Under 18 Male
i(a). Under 18 Female
ii. 18-30 years Male
ii(a). 18-30 years Female
iii. 31-50 years Male
iii(a). 31-50 years Female
iv. 51 years or older Male
iv(a). 51 years old or older Female

I would like to write use a formula that would say "Calculate the number of
"51 years or older" males who have received rental assistance." and also
"Calculate the number of "51 years or older" males who have not received
rental assistance."

As I'm building this thing, I'm suing COUNTIF to calculate a total number of
people who fall within each measured criteria. I tried adding another
criteria to COUNTIF, but that didn't seem to work.

Can anyone help?