Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Addendum to 2 digit year to 4 digit year

If you've got 2 digit years you want to convert to 4 digits, you could use
=YEAR("1/1/"&A1)
If you've actually got 4 digit years or real dates that Excel understands,
then they should sort OK.

If this is intended to be a follow-up to another thread, we don't know
because you've started a new thread.
--
David Biddulph

"RealGomer" wrote in message
I'd also like to be able to sort on the basis of the 4 digit year. I an
incorrect reuslt where years from both centuries exist, such as an
ascending
sort having 2006 come before 1999 instead of the correct 1999 before 2006.
--
I know enuff to be dangerous.