Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default Hide Zero values bar one

Aha!

Thanks,

Rob

"Nick Hodge" wrote in message
Yes

It was something I should have thought of. You subsequent that said ;;"0"
worked just sets the formatting for zero and whilst that's all you need,
if you entered a positive or negative number in the cell it would have no
formatting

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Rob" wrote in message
Thanks again Nick, but Debra provided a fix by formatting as
#,##0;-#,##0;"0".

Rob

"Nick Hodge" wrote in message
Rob

Testing it, can you put something like

0.00000000000001 in a cell and format as number with no decimals, that
way it would not get picked up by un-checking zero values and providing
you make sure you use ROUND functions for anything based on it, you
should be ok to use it in calculations

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Nick Hodge" wrote in message
Rob

I don't wish to sound facetious, but you've elected to hide all zeros!
You have identified the only way in converting it to text.

Could you reset to show zeros and use conditional formatting of white
text when a cell value is zero, and then leave your one without it?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Rob" wrote in message
PS. It needs to be a number and not text as other formulas use that
value of 0. So '0 will not do it for me.

Rob

"Rob" wrote in message

I have set the option to not show Zero values on a worksheet, but
there is one cell that I do want to see as 0.

That cell is not a formula, just a 0. Is there a way to do this,
maybe through a custom format?

Rob