Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
phatbusa phatbusa is offline

Default Sumproduct or countif?

Thank you so much for the help, I'm headed in the right direction now

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Just change the hard-coded year to the year cell

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Incidents 2006'!B3:B31500=A1),
--('Incidents 2006'!E3:E1500="Injury, Lost Time"))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"phatbusa" wrote in message
Sorry,
do you have an email, and I'll show you what I'm workin' on?

if not basically what I'm trying to do is this,

I want to be able to change the year on the top of a sheet and have it
show
only the data that corresponds to that year, and break it down into
categories like
equipment damage, injuries, and so on. to summarize the database.