Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default Separating worksheets into separate workbooks

Cobra, this macro should do what you want,

Sub Copy_Sheets_As_New_Workbook ()

'will take each sheet in the workbook and save it into their own work book

'by sheet name, so sheet1 will become sheet1.xls, will over write files if
there is one
Dim ws As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ws.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & ws.Name
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Next ws
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Cobra" wrote in message
I have a file with about 100 tabs (worksheets) and would like to save each
worksheet as a separate workbook without going through the move function
100
times. Is there anyway I can do a mass separation of the worksheets?

thanks in advance.