Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Subtraction Chart

I work across the chart not down.

Then why are your values all in column C?

Anyway, if you want C15 to show C1 minus all the other cells you listed,
write the simple formula for that:

=C1-C2-C3-C4-C5

or

=C1-SUM(C2:C5)

assuming all values are shown as positive numbers.

If the amounts to be subtracted have a minus sign, then a sum of the whole
range should do it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Bunnie" wrote in message
I want to create a chart with a major number, then input various debit
amounts in the next cells across and end with a final cell showing the
balance left. I have tried "sum" but have not been successful. I work
across
the chart not down.

Example in C1 entered $2000 as opening amount, then subtract from C2 $225,
C3 $150, C4 $467, C5 $825. C 15 should then show a remaining balance of
$333.
--
Busy Bunnie