Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Repeating Above Value

Roger,

Select the column, use Edit / Go To... Special Blanks OK. This selects the blank cells. Then
press =, the up arrow key once, and press Ctrl-Enter. Then re-select the column, copy, and
pastespecial values and you're done.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Roger J Michaud" wrote in message
I create reports in Cognos Impromtu that I save in Excel. I must group
certain columns in order to get information displayed properly. How do I
ungroup columns in excel. In other words, I have a number then a quantity of
blank spaces below then another number and a different quantity of blank
spaces below. I would like the excel program to repeat the above value until
it hits a value below it and then repeat that value until it hits another
value below it.

Is this possible?? Copy Paste is driving me insane. My reports can be 10-20
thousand lines long.