Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Mail merge with header/field info in 3rd row

Julie

Select your range from row 3 to wherever.

InsertNameDefine

Name it maillist or similar.

In Word when doing the mailmerge you can select maillist as your source from the
Excel workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:27:00 -0800, Julie
wrote:

I'm using a Microsoft template for pledge tracking. My header row (field
names) are actually in row 3. I need to do a mail merge, but I'm not able to
select the rows because the template has other things in rows 1 and 2.

Is there a way to designate my 3rd row as the header row so that I can match
up the fields in mail merge.

Thanks!