Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default adding a phone area code that is not there

Try a custom format of:
"661-"#

--
HTH,

RD

"Kelly" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I exported from our school database. The phone
numbers were not entered with area codes, and I need to add them because
this
spread sheet is being used to update an automated calling system. 98% of
the
phone numbers are the same (661) I thought about just adding 6610000000
each number, but I'm thinking that will be as much work as adding to each
field. Help, how can I add an area code to an entire column of 1400
fields
the quickest?