Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EagleOne EagleOne is offline

Default How to "return" the array element number in VBA

Thanks Dave. It has been a tough week. I did not see the forest for
the trees.

BTW, your guidance this week or so, is/was greatly appreciated

Dennis

Dave Peterson wrote:
Maybe you don't have to move at all. Maybe you can just do the work you want on
the non-zero values.

dim myCell as range
dim myRange as range

'set myRange = somerangehere

for each mycell in myrange.cells
if mycell.value = 0 then
'do nothing
else
mycell.value = mycell.value + 1 'whatever increment
end if
next mycell

EagleOne wrote:

2003

Challenge:

For Each myCell in myRange
'Would like to be able to move to the next myCell in a (non-contiguous)
'myRange if the current myCell.Value = 0. I do not know how to return
'the current myCell array element number AND to increment to the next
'non-zero "0" myCell.value
Next myCell

--

Dave Peterson