Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Will Will is offline

Default Copy while skipping Rows

I currently have an excel file that has values in the Cols that represent
percentages of compunds found in the rows. The problem is that the first 4
rows contain 4 chemicals for the ist sample date while rows 5,6,7, and 8
contain the same 4 chemical sampled on a later date. The repetition is
completed over and over.

This makes charting difficult because I cant just select a data range of
continuous cells for compund A. I thought that to make a work around I would
just create an additional worksheet that referenced the original worksheet
and did not skip rows. So the new worksheet would only contain Compund A and
its concentrations at points 1 ,2, 3... on each date.

Then of course the second new worksheet would contain refrences to compund
B...

the problem is that when I form the new worksheet I am placing each date on
sucessive rows... but when I try to copy the refrenced values I am copying
them from the original woorksheet where the values are actually found on
every 4 th row... how can I tell excell that for every row I copy down in
the new worksheet i want to reference a row down 4 rows in the original
wooksheet.

I am sure this is possible but now I have confused myself. If I need to
clear this up then please let me know. I love this community, you allow
incompetent people like myself to impress our bosses!! you rock!