Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
steph44haf steph44haf is offline

Default Formulas never show result???

Hello,

With every worksheet that I start to create with formulas, I seem to get the
formula showing in the cell instead of the result. When I go to look at the
format it is set as text. Why wouldn't it be defaulted as General? i know
how to fix it when it happens, but I don't understand why it happens with
every worksheet I create.

Here is an example: (I've only had this issue at one company, no where else.)
Cell A1: Apple
Cell B1: 24310
Cell C1: =CONCATENATE(A1,B1) This usually only shows in the formula bar and
the cell shows Apple24310, but not with these spreadsheet;, it shows
=CONCATENATE(A1,B1).

Any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks,

Stephanie