Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
newguy newguy is offline

Default Referencing a Worksheet

That will work but I am trying to make it so I dont need to up data the
code every month and with your method I will need to change the value
of the month every month. Also in your code is it setting x =
12-12-09-03 Since the value in Range h2 will equal 12-09 and you are
going to concatenate it with "12-" and "-06"

Thank you for your help

Don Guillett wrote:
How about this idea where you just input a day number 1-31 in cell h2.
Assumes sheet name formatted as 12-09-06. This could be placed in a
worksheet change event to be automatic.

Sub gotodaysht()
If Range("H2") < 10 Then y = "0"
x = "12-" & y & Range("h2") & "-06"
Sheets(x).Select

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"newguy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to insert data into a worksheet based on users input. I
want to get an input TodaysDate get its value and insert the data that
they put into the form into that worksheet which is named the same as
the Date. I have a workbook with 31 sheets for the corresponding 31
days in December and they will input the date on the form and I want it
to go to the worksheet with the same date. Here is my idea in code but
I need help making it work.

TodaysDate = Insertdata.Range("D2").Value
newwrksheet.Name = TodaysDate