yahoo

Hi

This works well - but
when you subtotal excel inserts the word 'total' on the same line - as
in theis example 'company name'

How can I remove the word total?

In my case I am subtotaling by invoice number - after I subtotal it
states '123456 total' - 123456 = invoice number

When I do the special copy/paste below the '123456 total' is pasted on
a new line - but I cannot have the word total there - becuase I need
to upload the invoice number as format number into another program

How can I get rid of the word total?

Thanks

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:05:50 -0500, Debra Dalgleish
wrote:

Collapse the subtotals, so only the Company Names, and subtotal amounts
are visible. To do this, you should be able to click the 2 button in the
Outline bar.

Select a cell that contains a subtotal
Click the Z-A button on the toolbar

If you want to copy just the subtotals to a new area of the workbook:

Select the cells that you want to copy
Choose EditGo To
Click the Special button
Select Visible cells only
Click OK

Click the Copy button
Select the cell where you want to start the paste
Click the Paste button.

gls858 wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with three col. Company, Date, Invoice Amount
I sort by Company and subtotal invoice amount to get the YTD
total for each Company. What I would like to do is sort the subtotaled
amounts in descending order. What's the easiest way to do this?

I tried a copy and Paste Special values but it copied the
underlying detail also.

gls858