Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
William Horton William Horton is offline

Default Conditional Computing

You will have to add whatever conditional format formulas are in column A to
your formulas in cells B1 and C1. For example if column A has a conditional
formula "If cell value is greater than 50 then color cell green" you will
have to add this formula to cell B1 for green cells. You could use a SUMIF
formula to do this. It would look something like =SUMIF(A:A,"50")

Hope this helps.

Bill Horton

" wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure Excel 2003 can do this or not. Here is what I would like
to do.
I have a column (say column A) with some numbers. Some of the cells are
colored green and some are colored red.
I would like to add all the cells colored in red at cell B1 and add all
the cells colored in green at cell C1. The color may be changed
dynamically by means of conditional formatting.

Any idea?

Thanks.