Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
me28 me28 is offline

Default Excel Exponent & LN

Thanks so much for a quick response. The information you provided is a good
starting point but if possible let me provide additional information:

Initial Activity = 206 (cell B1)
Initial Date = 1/31/05 (cell B2)
Current Date = 12/1/06 (cell A5)
Half-Life = 30 (hard-coded in the formula)

My current formula is =$B$1*EXP(-(0.693*((B2-A5)/30)))
I need this to give me the decay value for 12/1/06. The correct value is
197.46, however my current formula returns 199.70 and is actually increasing
each day when it should be decreasing.

Thanks for you time.

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

me28 -

With the value of A in cell A1, value of t in cell A2, and value of T
Half-Life in cell A3, in some other cell use

=A1*EXP(-0.693*A2/A3)

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"me28" wrote in message
I need to create a worksheet that takes an active value and calculates the
timed decay. The formula is A e-(0.693t/T½) (e to the power of (0.693t,
though LN may work). Value of A = Initial Value, T = Timed decay.