Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Insert Worksheet

It is an option - Insert | Worksheet will insert a new worksheet before the
active worksheet. So if you click the tab of the first worksheet and use
this command you will get a new "first" worksheet. But if you want one at
the end you will need to drag the new one into place.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"ronnomad" wrote in message
Thanks to both Bernard & Don.

However, it seems to me that, where one wants to add a worksheet should be
an option on the insert menu.

Ron R.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

These will do the trick

Sub AddFirst()
Sheets.Add befo=Sheets(1)
End Sub

Sub AddLast()
Sheets.Add After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
End Sub

Need help with VBA? See David McRitchie's site on "getting started" with
VBA
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"ronnomad" wrote in message
Is there a way to:

Add a new worksheet so that it is the first in a workbook?

Add a new worksheet so that it is the last in a workbook?

At times, after creating a workbook, I want to summarize the data from
the
various worksheets and would prefer that the summary be the first
sheet.
Insert does exactly that, and I do not see an option to put the new
worksheet
before or after the current sheet.

Thanks,

Ron R.