Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RD Wirr RD Wirr is offline

Default DSUM non-contiguous criteria

Does anyone have a way to have non-contiguous criteria for a DSUM function? I
have a worksheet with a range of data that I need to run many similar queries
on but with one single changing criteria item. so I'd like to have a row of
field headings at the top and just copy down the criteria variables below and
with the actual DSUM function for each query in each copied row. Something
like this:
Item StartDate EndDate Location Qty
Item1 =38517 <=39067 Loc1 =DSUM(StockList,"Qty",A11:D12)
item2 =38517 <=39067 Loc1 =DSUM(StockList,"Qty",(A11:D11,A13:D13))

I know this formula doesn't work but does anyone have a way to do this?
The problem is, I have lots of rows and these query results are used in
formulas on another sheet and if I have to include the column heading above
each criteria, it means hand linking each cell.
Thanks in advance,
RDW