Gord Dibben

Allan

Just when using the Accounting format? When you FormatCellsNumberNumber do
you see an option for brackets?

If not..........

This is a function of your Regional Settings in Windows OS.

StartSettingsControl PanelRegional and Language SettingsRegional
OptionsCustomizeCurrencyNegative Currency Format. Click on drop-down arrow
and select the ($1.1)

Apply and OKApply your way out.

You will have to close Excel then re-open to see effects.

If you already have the brackets format available you could go to
FormatStyles and select Accounting and modify to your liking.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:17:01 -0800, "allan"
wrote:

In Excel 2000, "format cells accounting" got me brackets around negative
numbers. Excel 2003 gives me a negative sign. Is there any to change this?
I know I can get the format I want in custom, but this seems to require
formatting each cell.