Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default re businesscards

Hi Audrey,
You could use Mail Merge with Excel as the database
and Word to print, but since the card is going to be all
the same you might as well just do the entire thing in MS Word,

which is where you have to do your formatting, and choose
the correct form, so there isn't much point to involving Excel.

The problem with trying to print labels from Excel is that
Excel does not provide you with Forms, and any little change
you make to width or depth of cells can be critical, and may
not work on another printer.

If you don't have MS Word, you can do something from Excel
but it is sure discouraged.

For other things should you need to print from an Excel
database with MS Word then I have a page on Mail Merge

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"audrey" wrote in message ...
can you please tell me how i can make my own business cards and print them
please,as a friend needs me to do some business cards up,
thanks for all your help in advance
--
audy