Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel automatically opens files

Pam

Prior to 2002 version the term was "alternate startup file location"

Located just below "default file location" and above "username"

ToolsOptionsGeneral.

If empty, perhaps you have files in your XLSTART folder.

Search for it and remove all files except Personal.xls and BOOK.xlt or SHEET.xlt

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:37:00 -0800, Pam in Sunland
wrote:

I am having a similar problem, but there is no "At startup open all files
in" box under Tools Options General in my istallation of the program. I'm
running Excel 2000 (9.0.2070). Could this option be located somewhere else?

"Lady Layla" wrote:

In Excel Go to Tools Options General and clear out any location that is entered
in the box for At startup open all files in box

"FileCrazy" wrote in message
: Upon launching excel, 10's of excel and non-excel files are opened, creating
: havoc on my computer. Any suggestions.