Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KarenF KarenF is offline

Default Can I share a selfcert macro workbook with other network users

Thanks Gord.

That's what I suspected. I just needed to hear it from someone else prior
to approaching the team for whomI have created the spreadsheet, as they will
need to purchase a certificate. I'll check out the help section on this now.
I know it contains a long list of certificate providers. Can you offer any
advice on this, or are they pretty much all the same? The information
contains a ticklist and I'm not sure exactly what criteria I'm looking for in
a certificate. As far as I'm aware, the team just needs to be able to run a
set of macros on all of their pcs.

Thanks again Gord.

Karen

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Karen

Selfcert certificates cannot be transferred to another PC.

You are not able to export the key so you would need a paid-for certificate.

See Excel Help on "digital signature" for more detail.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:02:01 -0800, KarenF
wrote:

Hi,

I'm building macros which run as a file opens. The purpose of the macros is
to take up to date info from another file and copy and paste it into a series
of different workbooks for shared use. Without changing my macro protection
to low, Excel is asking for a digital certificate. Will a self-cert work in
this situation as each individual will need to open each file on their own
pc? How can I share this self-cert? Or, will I need to purchase a digital
certificate?

I'd be grateful for any help with regard to this.

Many thanks,

Karen