Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeremy Jeremy is offline

Default Selecting multiple items from a drop down list

Gord:

I'll try that and see if it works.

Thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Jeremy

Works for me when I change to Column = 6 and the DV dropdowns are in Column F

Where have you stored the code?

It must go into a sheet module.

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste in that module.

I assume you downloaded Debra's sample workbook.

Have you tried on hers to move the DV dropdown cells to column F, delete from
column C and change the code to column = 6?

That is how I tested and works fine.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:04:00 -0800, Jeremy
wrote:

Gord:

No, it's in Column F. I'm assuming that that means I should change the code

If Target.Column = 6 Then....

I tried that and it still doesn't work.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Jeremy

Is your drop-down list in Column C?

The code only works on DV dropdowns in Column C

If Target.Column = 3 Then

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:21:01 -0800, Jeremy
wrote:

I have a small drop down list with only 4 items. I want to be able to allow
the users to choose more than one of these items. I tried using this code
Option Explicit

Dim rngDV As Range
Dim oldVal As String
Dim newVal As String
If Target.Count 1 Then GoTo exitHandler

On Error Resume Next
Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation)
On Error GoTo exitHandler

If rngDV Is Nothing Then GoTo exitHandler

If Intersect(Target, rngDV) Is Nothing Then
'do nothing
Else
Application.EnableEvents = False
newVal = Target.Value
Application.Undo
oldVal = Target.Value
Target.Value = newVal
If Target.Column = 3 Then
If oldVal = "" Then
'do nothing
Else
If newVal = "" Then
'do nothing
Else
Target.Value = oldVal _
& ", " & newVal

exitHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
that I got from this site:
(http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html) (scroll down to Select Mulitple
Items from a drop down list).

However, after right clicking and pasting in the code, I still don't have
the option of choosing more than one option in my drop down list. I know
nothing about code, so I'd appreciate any help that can be delivered with
that constraint!

Thanks.