Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default updateable constant?

Why not store the files in a folder named CurrentFY?
Then the folder won't have to change when the year changes....you'll only
need to archive PriorFY files.

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Ray" wrote:

Hello -

I'm designing a forecast package that will be (hopefully) used for some
years to come. I'd like to build the pkg to be 'updateable' with
little effort or technical knowledge, but not sure how to proceed.
Here's what I'd like to do...

Every month, the pkg is updated and saved to a specific folder (ie
'FY06'). This folder will be used all year (so a 'constant'), but will
change next September (to 'FY07'). This pkg will be used by over 30
stores, so I need a way to update the path to the new folder without
having to personally go into each store's pkg and update the vba code
myself.

I was thinking of utilizing a userform (accessed via a button) to
collect the updated info and somehow 'pass' it to where it needs to go.
Can this be done? If so, where should I put the 'variable constants'
within the structure of the Code?

TIA!

ray