Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
leonperrins leonperrins is offline

Default ?Formatting cells?

Many thanks David.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Insert a helper column.. In that column, include the formula I gave, with
the formula in row 1 pointing at cell A1 if your dates are in column A.
Copy the formula down your new column. When you are exporting to Access,
export the values from your new column, rather than the original dates.
--
David Biddulph

"leonperrins" wrote in message
Sorry David,

I do not understand exactly what I should do.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yy") or whatever other format you want.
--
David Biddulph

"leonperrins" wrote in message
Right, thanks for that.
Now, I have copied the table into an Access database and the "Excel"
numbers
have appeared not the dates.
Can I converts these numbers to dates in Access or what can I do to
transfer
the dates themselves?

"JMay" wrote:

I believe the Ctrl+ ' or the Ctrl + D replicates **ONLY THE VALUE **
Of the Cell ABOVE, it does not include the formatting (of the above
source).

"leonperrins" wrote in message
:

I am running XP Pro+SP2 and Excel 2002.

Why do I get a number when I try to copy the date from the cell
above
into
my working line by hitting Ctrl + '.