Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
driller driller is offline

Default averaging data

Hi james, it seems confusing, your subject is titled as averaging data yet
you like to have conditional rounding of each data..where is the question
about averaging data..please explain...
happy holidays.

"James" wrote:

the numbers would range from about .50000 to 1.9000

"T. Valko" wrote:

This sounds like a nightmare!

1.5245
1.5255

Are these values calculated? If so, the true value can be more than 4
decimal places. I was able to do it using a rather ugly IF formula based on
every number being set at 4 decimal places or being integers. Do you have
values like:

10.2
0.522
150.009

Biff

"James" wrote in message
When averaging data in EXCEL I need to round up at 5 or above only if the
preceding number is odd, if it is even, the number is not rounded up.
Example, 1.5245 rounds to 1.524, 1.5255 rounds up to 1.526. Is it possible
do this in EXCEL?