Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tony Logan Tony Logan is offline

Default Find and Replace without changing font

Tried this but it didn't work. It still changes the font of the string
between tags as well, which I don't want to happen.

I need to be able to do the search and replace and keep the existing fonts
in the cell what they a tags in font A, and text between tags in font B.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

"Richard O. Neville" wrote:

In the "Find and Replace" box click "Format," and you can search for a
particular format and replace it with the same format or a different one.
The entire "Format cells" menu is available when you click "Format." Even
spaces have font formats.

"Tony Logan" wrote in message
Let's say the content of a cell is something like this:
<tagabc</tag <tagdef</tag

And let's also say that strings "abc" and "def" are a different font than
the tags. Let's say the tags are Times New Roman while the strings between
tags are Arial.

When I do a find and replace to delete the space between "</tag <tag",
the
font of my strings changes from Arial to Times New Roman.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Using Excel 2003.