Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default run macro on opening

Open the workbook.
Go to the VBE
Hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer
Find your workbook/project
click on it one time
Insert|Module

Paste the code there (and delete any copies of that code you placed elsewhere).

Alt-f11 to get back to excel
close that file (and save it while saving)
reopen that file (allowing macros to run)

"brian thompson3001 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi
(originally put in wrong grouping)

I have go this off other threads, but would like it to run automatically when
opening the workbook. I am not up to speed with these codes, and therefore
ask if the additional line/lines could be added in the correct place, in
order that I can copy and Paste. Currently, I have to run this every time
after opening the workbook

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
Protect Password:="test", userinterfaceonly:=True
EnableAutoFilter = True
End With

End Sub

Can anyone help?,