Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don T. Don T. is offline

Default Excel won't start. Previously worked fine

I've been running Windows Office XP SBE and yesterday Excel stopped working.
The other applications are fine. When I click on Excel if flashes for a
second and then disappears. Tried uninstalling and then installing. Tried
virus scans and hard drive checks/defragmentation and get the same result.

On an Office thread from 2005 someone suggested changing an Excel.xlb file
to Excel.abc. I tried to rename the file but it produced Excel.abc.xlb. I
couldn't get rid of the .xlb extension. Not sure if that would solve the
problem but need help on completing this fix. Other suggestions welcome too.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx.