Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rockhound Rockhound is offline

Default How to search column, copy row, and copy to another sheet in same

I am not very well versed on Excel but find it a very powerful tool. Can
anyone suggest how I can do the following?

In a workbook, I am using sheet one as my main entry page. In column b I
have a drop down menu in each cell that lets me choose one of four alpha
strings. I want to (possilbly a macro) have excel read this column, sort by
alpha string in column b, then copy and paste each row (less the cell in
column b) to its own worksheet in this book which will be titled the same as
the string it identifies. Thus if column b has "acme" listed in row 7 I
would like it to copy cells 7a,7c-7f to sheet 3 which is named "acme" and
have this new entry pasted into the next available row (no overwriting). Can
anyone help as I am not very educated (yet) with excel functionality???

Thank you!!
--
Rockhound