Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs daddylonglegs is offline

Default Rounding

Sorry, of course that should be

=ROUND(A1,-3)

"daddylonglegs" wrote:

If just rounding to the nearest thousand then the simple answer is

=ROUND(A1,3)

You can incorporate this in your existing formula if you wish by using

=ROUND(your_formula,3)

"Martin Fishlock" wrote:

The ceiling only works when both the number and the significance are the same
sign so you need to adjust the formula that John gave you as follows:

=CEILING($A$5,SIGN(A5)*1000)

Another way to do it is using the round function:

=ROUND($A$5/1000,0)*1000

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock

"EC" wrote:

John,

Can the cell contain a formula? In other words, the cell has a formula in
it that produces -41568.00. I tried your formula and I get the following
error message:

#NUM!

I tried using just the value, and received the same error!

Your help is really appreciated!

Cheers.
Eric

"John Bundy" wrote:

=CEILING(A1,1000)

-John

"EC" wrote:

How would I round (41,568.00) to (42,000.00)?