Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Text to colums

Assuming the data is in row 1

After breaking into single cells in 80 columns select the 80 cells and Copy then
selct a single cell out of that range, say A2, then EditPaste
SpecialTransposeOKEsc.

Delete the original data.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:10:01 -0800, Jen711
wrote:

I cut and pasted 80+ names onto an excel spreadsheet, but they all went into
a single cell. I was able to seperate all of the names into cells, but now
there 80+ columns. I would would like all of the names in one column. Does
that make sense?

"danielocope" wrote:

Please tell me what you are trying to do. Are you trying to convert a column
or row of just names or is other information also listed. Please give more
detail of what your trying to do, and results wanted.

Thanks

"Jen711" wrote:

I've already done the text to columns wizard, but I don't know how to make
all of my names be vertical instead of horizontal. Help!