Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Translate Column Index Num to Letter

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:05:01 -0800, DJS wrote:

Thanks All.
I need the Column Letter as a reference for the end user.
I got the function to work (from Gord), but i kept getting the following
error if i try and use any of the others "Compile Error: Sub or Function Not
Defined". Do i have to put the other samples into a function like Gord did?

I tried:
colLtr = Left(Address(1, colNum, 4), Len(Address(1, colNum, 4)) - 1)

Thanks again.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:52:00 -0800, DJS wrote:

Looking for a quick and easy way to revert my Column Index Number back to the
respective Column Letter...

TIA

With the column index number in A1:

=LEFT(ADDRESS(1,A1,4),1+(A126))

--ron

Mine is a simple worksheet function. You just enter it into some cell in the
worksheet, with the column number in A1 (or whatever cell you choose to
specify).

Biff's recommendation is similar, but he chose to use a Name'd reference for
the location of the column number.

--ron