Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DJS DJS is offline

Default Translate Column Index Num to Letter

Thanks All.
I need the Column Letter as a reference for the end user.
I got the function to work (from Gord), but i kept getting the following
error if i try and use any of the others "Compile Error: Sub or Function Not
Defined". Do i have to put the other samples into a function like Gord did?

I tried:
colLtr = Left(Address(1, colNum, 4), Len(Address(1, colNum, 4)) - 1)

Thanks again.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:52:00 -0800, DJS wrote:

Looking for a quick and easy way to revert my Column Index Number back to the
respective Column Letter...

TIA

With the column index number in A1:

=LEFT(ADDRESS(1,A1,4),1+(A126))