Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Multiplication

Do you use a laptop?

There might be a Fn key that allows you to use those keys as
number/multiply/divide characters. I'd check the manual or post back with the
model of your pc. Maybe someone who uses it will tell you the specific
instructions for your pc's model.

Danny Mac wrote:

Thanks, I was ust curious abou the astric on the P key!
Anyway, I'm getting a #value error with formula. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Danny

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

SHIFT + 8 to get an asterisk (*) which Excel recognizes as the multiplication
operator.

or type it directly from the numpad at right side of keyboard.

Between / and - keys

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:44:00 -0800, Danny Mac
wrote:

Thank you,
the answer comes up#value! By the way, I cut and pasted your formula and
pardon my ignorance, but how do I type the little astric on keyboard. The
astric is ounder the letter P.
regards,
Danny Mac

"Elkar" wrote:

In cell D3, type:

=A3*C3

HTH,
Elkar

"Danny Mac" wrote:

How do I get a3 (a quantity) to multipy time c3 to total in D3? what is the
formula.
Tx,
D. Mac

--