Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Trying to restore all default settings

That would not be a default setting problem.

You most likely have a blank row or cell between 1648 and the data below in the
column you are filtering on.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:33:01 -0800, Aria Etriano <Aria
wrote:

I opened a file which was created and altered by someone else and cannot
figure out how to restore all excel functions to default settings. My
biggest issue at the moment is filtering. When I select auto-filter and
choose the information I want to filter for it filters only a portion of all
the information then skips a line and the rest of the information is below
unfiltered. Of 3780 lines only 1648 are filtered. I know only basics of
excel and only want this file to return to default settings where I know what
I'm doing. Thank you to anyone who can help.